Monday, October 22, 2007

a lady of leisure

so my current job ended and i've had some time off. most of which i've spent lunching with my artistic/creative friends who don't have day jobs either. i'll get a new temp job within another week or so but am enjoying my freedom until then.

emily's fiancee is currently getting his ass kissed by some impressive hedge fund attorneys and apparently he's told them all he'd be more likely to give them his business if they were to hire me. so i've been getting calls to meet with some of the most sophisticated private equity attorneys in the city which is kind of hilarious to me. mostly because i'm under qualified. partly because it's disgusting how much this city runs on "networking fuel." it really is all about who you know. i have a pile two feet high of books i need to read on funds before i can even step foot into these guys' offices. meh.

my friend jessie's wedding was this weekend and it was beautiful. it was, without a doubt, the most stunning (and fun) wedding i've ever been to. the band was AMAZING. the food was out of this world. a filet mignon for dinner that melted, we cut it with butter knives). the cocktail hour had a raw bar, there was a sushi chef rolling, a pasta bar with lobster ravioli, canapes being passed (butternut squash soup, yum!), crudite tables. it was out of control. her photographer was amazing and totally gorgeous (i'd bet good money half the women there masturbated to thoughts of him before bed that night). the ceremony itself was in a lovely tree filled room with floating votives and felt more like a fairy lair than a hotel banquet room. her dress was a playful vera wang. my dress was the deal of the century (which you can no longer see on the website and which i should have screencapped but didn't but trust me it's amazing).

saw "gone baby gone" last night. it was intense but i'd fully recommend it. it was good, if not a bit nerve rattling and a bit depressing. also, casey affleck is superb, rock on little affleck!

i'm sure there are things i'm forgetting to write about but i'll report back soon.

5 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

i will be joining that life of leisure in T-minus 2 weeks. if i had more money, i'd totally come out to ny and play!

10/22/2007 6:53 PM  
Blogger omar said...

Mmmmm.... lobster ravioli...

10/23/2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Cousin said...

Campbell's "Gold Box" butternut squash soup is the best soup you can buy at a grocer, deli counter included.

10/23/2007 3:24 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

The wedding sounds like it was great time. I'm still amped about my buddy Tim's, and the fact that I HAVE to fly to the Bahamas to be in a wedding.

I have forgotten the dress (which I know I saw, because I commented on it). It must have looked great. ;-)

10/24/2007 1:56 AM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

Though I do recall the coat, which I do hope will be put to good use this winter, as I am sure it (the coat) is still very hot.

10/24/2007 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home