Monday, January 08, 2007

good shopping karma

this has been the craziest week. job stuff. crazy old men (i didn't mention, but should have, that when he kissed me it was GROSS. his tongue was dry and sandpapery like a cat. ICK). and last, but certainly not least, some ridiculous shopping.

it started with this Andrew Marc jacket that I got at an amazing price (yes, cheaper than that NM sale price and i got it before it went on sale at NM). the woman didn't even charge me tax. it was a steal. and it's gorgeous.

then we have the new BCBG suit. i'm walking down 5th ave on my way to meet justy for dinner. i see "50% off" signs everywhere so i duck in. i try on a gray suit that makes me look really tall and thin. 50% off makes the whole suit $215. i get to the register and they tell me that i get an extra $50 off when i spend over 200. so i got a hot suit for $165.

then i'm at bloomingdales. have been looking for gray or black jeans. i find some in some random pile. they're $189 but hanging on a sale rack. the girl rings them up...$45.

the piece de resistance. i'm at the amazing store anthropologie. i see this dress. it's marked down to $229. that's a lot of money to spend on a dress i absolutely don't need. but it's gorgeous. and fits me like a glove. and oh my god, i think i have to have it. so i wait in a tremendous line at the store. i'm second guessing myself the whole time. starting to feel sick to my stomach over the money. finally get to the register..."that'll be $49.99." i look at her, i look at the computer screen to verify what i've just heard. i calmly look down at my purse, pull out a credit card, hand it over, get handed my bag, and slowly walk out of the store. i'm trying my hardest not to look guilty of stealing but it's exactly what i've done. that dress is selling for $350 on the website RIGHT NOW. something must have glitched. and i have a cheapy cheap gorgeous dress to show for it. HUZZAH!!

seriously, who needs ecstasy when you could have just as many euphoric highs from discounts? i feel like i won the lottery. 2007 is looking good folks, lookin good...

6 people who played with me:

Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

That coat is seriously hot...


Not so sure about the dress, but I would say that's because it's on a mannequin, which does a horrible job of showing off it's form.

Either way, you got away with robbery. I think I may have spent more than you shopping this weekend and I just bought a pair of shoes.

1/08/2007 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it mean of me to be giggling about the old man cat tongue?

Granted I know very little about fashion - and some of those pre-sale prices made me think, "She could have purchased some kind of electronic gadget for that kind of money!! -- but I REALLY like that dress.

A lot.

1/08/2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger omar said...

Ew, old cat tongue.

1/08/2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

you can get a better view of it by clicking for the close up pop up window and then clicking "view in model" on the lower right.

it's amazing!!

1/08/2007 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the good deals are probably payback for having to endure the cat tongue.

1/08/2007 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dress is gorgeous! What steals.

I hope all of them have built in anti-cat tongue mechanisms though. Ew.

1/09/2007 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home