Friday, September 14, 2007

i'm now only four degrees from sufjan

my friend lacey saw sufjan stevens out at dinner last night. i get a series of messages: "sufjan stevens is sitting next to me right now." i'm speed walking to my pilates class and right about have a heart attack. "he has on bad sneakers." and just as i'm trying to imagine how bad the sneakers could really be i get another "he also has on a terrible hat."

my love for sufjan is more than skin deep, i think. i'm not so shallow as to disavow him because of some poor wardrobe choices. i text back: "he is an artist. a genius. i will still love him even if he has no taste in clothes. please pass that message onto him."

but she didn't pass my message on because as i was sending it, he was leaving. and as he and his companion (an old man) were leaving, the old man waved to lacey's friend at the restaurant. i'm officially only 4 degrees away from sufjan stevens. lacey is gonna try to find out how her friend's friend knows him.

now if only i could pay her enough to follow him home next time she sees him...

1 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

Ha! Trying to bribe her into the world of stalking.

Though I can't really judge. If it had been Lauren Graham...

9/14/2007 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home