Thursday, July 19, 2007

more on harry potter

alex balk (editor, gawker.com) cracks me up on a regular basis.

he may be one of the only men i think i'd sleep with sight unseen.

but he hates the harry potter. and gawker just killed off any commenter who voiced their addiction/love/whatever for the franchise, and i didn't speak up.

but this, a rewrite of the michiko kakutani review in the nytimes today, made me laugh out loud. enjoy.

2 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

That review is fantastic!

7/19/2007 1:37 PM  
Blogger Cousin said...

I love Michiko Kakutani -- I learn so much from her reviews even when I'm clueless about or don't like the author (I'm looking at you, Dom DiLillo). There was a priceless moment on the old tv show "It's Like, You Know" (a Seinfeld rip-off set in L.A., with the real Jennifer Grey playing herself as the Seinfeld counterpart) where one character starts riffing on M.K.'s reclusiveness, dancing around the living room chanting "Mah-Chee-Koh Kah-Ku-Tahn-AY! Mah-Chee-Koh Kah-Ku-Tahn-AY!"

7/19/2007 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home