Wednesday, April 11, 2007

a missed stalking opportunity part 2: in which i fail, again, to make babies with joshua bell

ed. sidenote, i'm tired of the sticky post: donate!

read this article.

read part 1 here. it is a damn good thing i was not at that station. i certainly would have tried to drag him into a closet somewhere.

joshua bell, why must you be so elusive? and so dreamy?

6 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

I think it is unfair that when you stalk it is all charming and endearing, but if I did it, it would be all "Ooooh! Slap a restraining order on that Canadian bastard!"

4/11/2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Ok, so having risked my job to read the entire article, I have tosay, it’s one of the most intriguing articles I’ve read in a very long time. I love the idea of that experiment. I have an abnormally large desire to know what I would have done in that exact same situation (as a passer by, not a virtuoso musician). I really don’t want to be the kind of person that just passes that by, but would I? I have to know this!!!

Oh, and the mere mention of Koyaanisqatsi brought back memories… completely unclassifiable memories.

4/11/2007 12:48 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

this is what journalism ought to be.
it discovers something that speaks to nearly every reader, gives background, is entertaining and very well-written. too bad doing these kinds of pieces takes up a lot of resources and most media outlets say they cannot afford. i heart the washington post.

sadly, i'm not surprised about the outcome of the experiment. people are too busy trying to jump into their blackberry vortex to notice someone's lying dead on the sidewalk four feet away, let alone a virtuoso. i don't know if i would have stopped for more than a few seconds, either. we're all pathetic.

4/11/2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger alex said...

Stearns said http://www.facebook.com he had come to listen and not to speak...

4/12/2007 7:56 AM  
Blogger Wags said...

This was also covered by NPR on Wednesday:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9521098

Along with a review of his new CD:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9528118

4/12/2007 6:36 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I must confess.. I have never seen what Joshua Bell looks like. But I fell in love with his playing years ago.

4/13/2007 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home