Friday, December 15, 2006

6 weird things meme

so this meme has been floating around a bit. i usually hate being tagged for these but i saw it first over at omar's and kind of liked it. and kind of wanted to do it, despite the fact i wasn't tagged. or maybe because i wasn't tagged, i actually wanted to do it. some reverse psychology taking place over here. but i was finally tagged by becky. see comment in this post, which made me laugh.

to people who know me in real life, i'm normal. but like most people, i'm secretly a freak. example: i always talk to myself in the bathroom. usually the bathroom is empty and it's okay. i'll say things like, "come on toilet paper, stop tearing before i'm ready." or "damnit people, why can't you wipe up the seat." and in all honesty, i try to keep the bathroom talking at a minimum when there are people around. people at my office don't have to know i'm out of my mind.

the one place i can't hide my quirks is at the dinner table. i am kind of weird when it comes to food.

without further ado...six things that make me weird.

1.) french toast: i cut each piece into tiny squares. put the syrup on the side and get upset if it runs into my toast cube pile. i also eat the crust first since the inside stuff is the better part worth saving for last.

2.) kit kats: my favorite part is that grainy, brown sugary stuff in the middle between the wafers. and since i'm not a huge fan of chocolate, it really just gets in the way. so i eat all the chocolate off first until all i have left is wafer/brown sugar goodness. note: i've also met another guy who eats them that way. and he's a genius. i think it's a sign that we're both geniuses. however, he considers ketchup his arch nemesis. i heart ketchup. so maybe i'm only half genius.

3.) roast beef sandwiches: i will literally only eat them with potato chips inside the sandwich. i prefer ruffles as they stay crunchy longer but they're increasingly hard to find. it's also a big production to get as many chips under the bread as possible for maximum roast beef/potato chip ratio.

4.) tacos: when i make them at home, only eat them if they're open faced tacos. i'll break a shell in half and layer the toppings on a flat half shell. sometimes i'll eat it like that, sometimes i'll take the other half and put it on top to make more of a sandwich than a taco. it's really the only way to get meat, lettuce, tomato and cheese all in one bite. if you make them normally, you only get one or two layers at a time. it makes no sense to me!

5.) hot chocolate: is only consumed with sickeningly vast amounts of whipped cream. i will keep the can next to me so that every time i finish a layer of it, i can add another. i'll add whipped cream to hot chocolate about 4 to 5 times with each 10oz mug.

6.) the last bite: this is more an indicator of how controlling and anal i am as a virgo, but i carefully plan the last bite of anything i eat (especially at restaurants) so that i get maximum satisfaction out of it.

6 people who played with me:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Seriously.

It is not very often that I read a blog post and say "Yes!" out loud.

I'm a Scorpio -- and been told that I'm VERY Scorpio-y by people in the know -- but I also plan out my last bites.

When I eat french fries with a meal, I have to leave two for the end. I am not sure if this is some romantic gesture symbolizing two people, or if I just like the last flavour in my mouth at the end of a meal to be french fries and two is the minimum number needed to accomplish it.

I used to always eat Kit Kats by biting off all the chocolate first. I'd start on the ends. Then I'd try to get the entire side off in one chompy movement. It was very beaver-like.

With any kind of toast, I eat the crust first and save the middle - the butteriest part - for the end.

I don't typically like to eat with people. They talk to me and it annoys me. I like nothing better than munching in front of a tv or computer.

As you might guess, restaurants are not ideal first dates for me.

You sound okay to eat with though. The silence only broken by us muttering at our napkins and the occasional "blurp" of a ketchup bottle.

(I used to eat ketchup with EVERYTHING, but because of crazy food allergies, I can't eat it any more. I don't think I'm ready to talk about that yet.)

My comment may be longer than your post. Je m'excuse.

12/15/2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

man! if i would have known, i would have tagged you, too!

i love savoring every last bite... mmmmmm

12/15/2006 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! food weird is way more interesting than actual weird. it's not nearly as, you know, weird.

i do the eating-the-chocolate-off-the-outside-of-the-candy thing with pretty much every candy. you're SUPPOSED to eat it first, and then savor the yummy filling LAST.

12/15/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger glo said...

laughing - yep, you're a food freak...that's some list of oddities :)

12/17/2006 12:14 AM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

NICE.

The Taco thing makes a disturbingly strange amount of sense.

12/17/2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger omar said...

The french toast and roast beef sandwich things are weird. Like, freak show weird.

12/18/2006 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home