Wednesday, August 16, 2006

happiness is...

i've had a great week. meeting new people, reaching out and catching up with old friends, hearing from others completely out of the blue. having lots of intimate conversations over good food at new restaurants. basically, i'm just feeling blessed to have so many great, fun, lovely people in my life.

in other words, i'm remembering how much i like being single.

little things that are different now that i'm single....

making eye contact with an attractive guy on the subway is something you can have little fantasies about later. about how next time you make eye contact like that you'll say something. about how, for as much gumption that i have sometimes, i'll STILL probably never say, "hi, how are you?" to the hot man in the next seat. when i was with ex-wb, i never really checked guys out. i missed it.

ooohhh! and then i get to look for the eye-contact man on missed connections on craigslist!!! oh, how i missed searching for non-existent missed connections with myself! i can't wait to get back to that. i'm 100% serious about this.

when i get out of the subway, i don't reach for my phone immediately and watch for the signal to come back, hoping there's a message from ex-wb (usually i was left disappointed). last night i reached in the pocket of my purse and wrapped my fingers around my keys which i happily tinkered with while i walked my few blocks home.

and i just bought tickets home to chicago. sweet sweet home chicago. where i will most definitely see the man i think i'm supposed to marry. so the scheming to get him to realize that begins...right now.....

6 people who played with me:

Blogger Rose said...

Although I have a wonderful boyfriend, I suppose I was too young to really enjoy the single life before him.

I'm living vicariously through your single life, so have double the amount of fun!

8/16/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Craigslist is one of the things that make me jealous of large cities. There's no "missed connections" for small town America.

8/16/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger glo said...

lol - reading joefish's comments - CraigsList is the equivalent to the grocery store on Saturday in my home town...everybody there and spilling details you really should keep quiet...can't miss it!

Sometimes, the ending is more a blessing than the beginning...isn't that a funny thought?

8/16/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

well, if you're not too busy registering at crate & barrel and have some extra time, give me a buzz and maybe we'll have some good convo over good food when you're out here.

in the meantime, enjoy the single life, sister.

8/16/2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

that's great. what a pleasant post. I'm also super jealous of you guys being able to fully use craigslist after all I've read about it in Jane magazine.

I've this acquired habit of going "somebody loves me!" whenever I get an sms and being fully disappointed when its just from my telco provider.

and I don't even have a boyfriend to get smses from. :-)

8/17/2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Oh syar, how well I know that feeling when receiving smses!

It's even worse when you announce to whoever you happen to be with "I'm loved!", then find a nice wrong number sms or random advertising. Fun.

8/20/2006 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home