Friday, July 10, 2009

heart attacks, small world, lies are bad

i e-mailed my best friend kate to remind her that i hadn't gotten her a birthday present yet. in march i browsed at nordstrom.com and didn't see a single thing i liked. so i told her it'd wait. but then i clearly forgot about it altogether. i get this e-mail back:

"Hmmm... I'm trying not to shop - so I'll let you know if I see anything. The only thing I can think of right now is this great designer (maternity) Isabella Oliver. I love her wrap tops and have been watching them on ebay cuz they are expensive but I'd be a size 0 and those are not as popular a size. I'm going to continue to watch for her stuff on sale though."

this is when i start losing my shit. "OH MY GOD. KATE IS PREGNANT AND THIS IS HOW SHE TELLS ME? IS SHE FUCKING KIDDING ME? I'M GOING TO KILL HER."

then i keep reading...



"By the way I am NOT pregnant. We were hoping to start trying this month."

woman damn near gave me a heart attack, i swear to god.

my LA to SF trip is rapidly approaching. many many thanks to wags, who has been patient as all getout with my hundred questions and then given me super-detailed, thoughtful, informative responses in return. he and i went back and forth at least a dozen times trying to figure out what would be the most scenic route that would take 9 hours or less and i think we agreed on something that'll work beautifully. and also have a backup plan in case we're running behind. emily is coming now! she was invited, then declined, and i think the thought of two of her friends having a good time without her was making her crazy. we're staying with my friend deva who said he lived "near the stadium, south beach area is what they call it." i ask ryan (ryan from chicago, formerly "ryan, my future husband"...i've grown out of him i think) what area of town he lives in and he says, "embarcadero." i write back to say, "but i thought you lived near the stadium?" and then i'm like, duh! maybe they're just by two different stadiums! i email ryan deva's address and i get a text, immediately: "what apartment number?" turns out they live in the SAME FREAKING BUILDING! on adjacent floors. CRAZY! also: convenient. if i do end up staying with ryan, i won't have far to go to meet back up with the girls. BRILL.

i got hit on again last night (it's totally the new eyelashes). this time by a friend of a friend. someone who i've met before and neither of us were a blip on each others radar. but now he thinks he's interested. i wasn't before, i'm not really now, and i think if he'd previously spent 3 hours with me at an intimate dinner party and wasn't interested in me then (and trust me, he wasn't) that it's not something worth pursuing. am i being ridiculous? possibly. at any rate, because i know already that i'm not interested i was nice and honest. he asked me if we could hang out sometime. i said, "sure! but i'm not interested in getting naked with you." he's like, "that's cool! we'll be friends!" and there it was. not sure if it's really going to be that easy but he's super nice, quite outgoing. and at least, this way, since i know we both share a close friend, it won't be awkward next time i see him. moral of this story: honesty is the best policy! hooray for honesty!

2 people who played with me:

Blogger jodifosterturkeybaster said...

a heart attack would be a bad thing. At least that's what I hear.

7/10/2009 2:38 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

hooray for honesty, indeed.

7/11/2009 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home