Thursday, July 09, 2009

hautelook fail, negs, being late to work

so i ordered a pair of sandals from hautelook.com. like 3 weeks ago! and nothing has shipped! so basically, i'm never shoppng with them again. totally awful.
 
was so into a particular passage in infinite jest that i not only missed my subway stop for work, but then went into brooklin and missed the first stop into brooklin! ack! occupational hazards of infinite summer.
 
in discussing the random men who are in love with my new eyelashes i forgot to mention this one dude who i didn't even see/notice at some bar because he was sitting behind me. and apparently spent a lot of time looking at the back of my head (so this one: not after the lashes) but came up to our table and said, "hey, i don't usually like girls with short hair, but i'm really digging the style on you." it's at this point i'm thinking, "oh! he must be a stylist!" and i'm feeling very proud of myself and my cute haircut because when a stylist compliments you, they really know what they're talking about. then he says, "so here's my card, i'd love to take you out sometime." and walks away. he's a lawyer. ick. but really? what the F kind of pick up line is that? AND i was better looking than him which makes it all worse because he basically said, "you know, i'd normally not be into you but i'll make an exception this once" it's kind of neg-y which might work for some people. but, really, i'm almost 30. i'm too old for this. i'm sounding kind of crazy, i know. what i want: a real conversation in which you display that you are smart and funny and semi-socially acceptable. THEN i want you to ask me out. in PERSON. revolutionary concepts, people.
 
and with all my "how to travel/where/when" bitching in that last post i've completely forgotten how much i've neglected poor chicago. kate is starting to take it personally. that being said, i think they're going to start having a baby soon and when that woman becomes pregnant, i'm sure i'll be in chicago on a monthly basis for the next few years. so maybe i enjoy my break while i have it. however, i can't stop thinking about alinea (i follow grant achatz's twitter feed so that may have something to do with it) and would like to see the other regular tweeps (cadiz, jon, etc.) and i have BIG plans to force cousin out to play with me. and he WILL like it. because i'm not at all scary. and actually pretty delightful. peter says so.
 
matt taibbi being all hot and well-reasoned again.

4 people who played with me:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE delightful.

And I thought that before the eye lashes.

7/09/2009 9:58 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i second the delightfulness!

7/09/2009 11:45 AM  
Blogger Cousin said...

Earwormed again ("it's delightful, it's delicious, it's delovely"...)

I think I've mentioned this before in comments or email (see, I only have 25 stories, after that you never need to talk to or read me again), about the social psychology study where they tested 6 pick-up lines and the winner was "Hi."? I have a copy somewhere, which is a good thing since googling the obvious terms isn't bringing it up. The worst as I recall was "bet I can outdrink you," but this line tested better for women on men than for men on women.

NY has good online trial court docket access -- when I come across a lawyer who I don't like, I always check for the malpo suits!

7/09/2009 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you email a picture of your short hair? i need a new short style!!

7/10/2009 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home