Thursday, November 13, 2008

brother, hot water, unemployed people

so my lame brother finally got an iphone, which means he's back in world of the living for me. kid doesn't have internet at his house and works in an auto shop painting cars all day. he's just not a person that you can communicate with easily. but now he has no excuse not to e-mail me back or to return my phone calls! mwah-ha-ha-ha!!

someone actually told me i had an evil laugh the other day. who was it? OH, i remember. MY BROTHER. also, he told his girlfriend lisa that i called her jenny and kept saying out loud in her presence, "i can' believe you forgot lisa's name. she has no problem remembering yours!" in my own defense, i've never met this girl. my brother has had like 15 long-term relationships and lives with every girlfriend he has. the only ones i remember are the one he married and the one white one that i actually spent a ton of time with while they were together and even after they'd broken up. the only thing i know about lisa is that she sent me a birthday card when i didn't even know she existed. it said, "happy birthday jasmine! i can't wait to meet you!" and three words were misspelled. brightest crayon, she is not. so i called my brother (it had his address as the return address) and said, "so, you have a new girlfriend. and you're living together already?" "yeah." "okay! sounds great!" and that is the extent of my knowledge of ken and his current girlfriend. so NO, i couldn't remember her name. SUE ME. also, he dropped some heavy thing on his foot and broke his toe and ripped the nail bed out and a nail may never grow back and he was kind enough to send me a picture of the bloody mess. i thought it would be a good thing to have my brother back in my life but right now, i'm not so sure.

i've been having some major problems with my management company. they keep "not fixing" our boiler and so we pretty much never have hot water. and so the last time it happened i sent an all-caps e-mail that read, "WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM? DO YOUR FUCKING JOB!" which, granted, wasn't polite but i'm really tired of needing to shower and waking up to ice water from every faucet. thank god for showers at the gym but really, this is unacceptable. since i sent that one e-mail, i've gotten no less than 4 e-mails from different people at my management company telling me not to use foul language. and i have since sent another three e-mails to the effect of, "there is no hot water again." and STILL received responses that read, "i will not respond if you continue to use such language." which is annoying and prompted this response from me:

"wow adam, is it difficult for you to be that melodramatic? re-reading through my e-mail i think the worst word i used was "damn". so sorry to offend your VERY delicate sensibilities. i'd thought this was a PG conversation but i seem to have wounded you.

OR you're trying to make things seem worse from your end than they really are.

i didn't realize that you were such a fragile thing."

this is my life. swearing at and sending emails dripping with faux-concern and sarcasm to total strangers. i rarely lose my temper but these people may cause me to lose my mind. before i take the fuckers to court i'm gonna try to sic "7 on your side" on their asses. people need to learn not to fuck with me. i am not nice.

i have 5 friends who recently lost their jobs. my project will be over soon and i'll be unemployed. this world sucks now for an awful lot of people. and we're like upper middle class people and it's still sucky. i shudder to think about what it's like for those on a lower rung. basically, BHO needs to get his ass in office to start working this shiz out. i mean it!

have been having weirdly bad dreams. in one i killed my friends ted and katie. i think it's due to the article i was reading in the new yorker about psychopaths and all the killing they do. i think they're related because in my dream, i killed them just because. and then i acted that nothing was wrong with it. very psychopathic behavior. then i had another dream where i had a tote with my computer and 1K in cash in it and that i left it out on some picnic table at this gigantic party and was totally, completely, flabbergasted when someone took my bag. it was distressing. but in the dream i was kind of like, "oh well, i needed a new computer anyhow." which i do. now i'm secretly wishing mine gets stolen because i couldn't justify purchasing a new one now otherwise.

2 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

brothers can be the most frustrating people on the planet. because they know they can get away with it. it's typical brother behavior to follow up a long stretch of no correspondence with a photo of a nail-less bloody toe bed. but i hope it grows back.

yeah, BHO needs to do something, even though he can't really until next year. i'll be right there with you searching the want ads.

11/13/2008 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Apple hasn't thought to use "will let you send photos of toes that are mangled the fuck up" in any of it's ads.

11/13/2008 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home