Sunday, November 09, 2008

and my weekend went where?

working weekends = poop.

stopped in to visit the gays yesterday. we watched dirty dancing. when was the last time you saw that movie? for me, it had been probably close to 10 years. it's a really freaking good movie. and baby isn't as ugly as i remember her being. and patrick swayze? DAMN. that man is FINE. and so skinny! except for his tanned broad shoulders. and kelly bishop has not aged at all in 20 years. we all got to yell out the line, "Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you." and maybe, just maybe, a few of us crawled along the floor during that "oh loverboy!" song. and then, just to up the gay ante, we watched enchanted.

there's nothing like being girly with "the ladies."

speaking of good-looking men, check out alexi giannoulias. when i was at barack obama headquarters in chicago this tall glass of water was walking around introducing himself to us, thanking us for being there. though i'm a chicago native, in the past year i've really let go of my chicago trib scanning (too many blogs to read! print media is dead to me! and i only used to keep up so that i had fodder with which to argue with my grandparents) so i had no idea who this guy was. i could tell he was early 30's. he thanked me, i shook his hand said, "sure. no problem" and that was the end of it.

i got back to kate's house and said, "some guy was at headquarters. he was tan, and young and hottish and i think he might have been an elected off---" she cut in, "oh my god. you met alexi gianpopulopulous or whatever his name is! jazz, you need to marry him so that you can move back home and hang out with me when i have babies!! Eeeeeeeeee!!!!!" that woman always finds a way to bring every. single. conversation. back to me leaving new york.

turns out dude is the illinois state treasurer. how's that for ambitious? also, he's buddies with barack and they play ball together. that's kind of amazing for 20 different reasons. also amazing? the bit about him that i just read from the newsweek post-election manifesto:

Obama has always been fiercely competitive and not above stacking his team with the best players. This led to at least one loud argument on the court with his friend Alexi Giannoulias, the Illinois state treasurer, in the tense days before the Iowa caucuses. Obama had loaded his team with Love and some other hot shots, and Giannoulias's team was losing badly. "So I got mad and started yelling at him—'I want to win too!' " recalled Giannoulias. "And it got under his skin." Obama responded, with rare heat, "I don't care who I play with. I'll play with anybody! You want to switch teams? We can switch teams if you want!" Giannoulias declined, out of pique more than anything, he recalled. "And then he just gave me this smile," Giannoulias said, mimicking Obama's signature smile, teeth flashing, eyes crinkled, chin slightly tucked in, a surprising gleam of warmth, guaranteed to disarm.

ah, boys. can't live with 'em, etc.

so my shitty slumlord management company who shuts off our heat and hot water several times each week throughout the whole winter? we're actually going to sue the jerks. tenant meeting tonight. had been resorting to sending profanity-laced e-mails to them asking what the fuck their problem was. hope my neighbors don't get upset that i didn't instigate the suit sooner seeing as i'm an attorney and all. i just didn't want to be the one to try to organize it all. also, i don't have much time for it. but hopefully we're on the road to having hot water for 7 consecutive days! huzzah!

3 people who played with me:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen Dirty Dancing.

I am aiming to keep it that way.

11/10/2008 7:36 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

i carried a watermelon?

11/10/2008 10:49 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

they shut off your heat in the winter, even when you pay on time?!? WTF?

11/10/2008 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home