Friday, August 17, 2007

the regular

when i make my morning starbucks run, nobody asks me what i want anymore. they see me walk in, they write my drink on the cup and send it along.

when they ask the person behind me what they want they often say, "oh, this woman is ahead of me." and they'll respond, "we've already got hers."

i get to the register, i no longer have to say a word and i hand over my card for her to swipe away my $4.50 balance.

it's good to know that if i ever became mute and/or deaf, that i'd still have a place to get my coffee every morning without any complications.

5 people who played with me:

Blogger Syar said...

As a person who likes to prepare for unlikely disasters, or at least plan to prepare for unlikely disasters, this warms my heart.

8/17/2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger Cousin said...

Have you submitted the regular to the Starbucks Oracle?

http://www.buttafly.com/starbucks/index.php

8/17/2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

I've been a regular at a coffee shop out here for a while. It's the best. No wait, no fuss, it's being made when I walk in the door.

8/17/2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Neily said...

Ahh the pleasures of personl staffing

8/17/2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i have always wanted to be a regular somewhere, anywhere. or else go there often enough that recognize me. but my inability to decide what to order combined with curiosity to know what else on the menu/on the block i'm missing out on has made that a virtural impossibility.

do they call you by name?

8/20/2007 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home