Thursday, May 31, 2007

oh, yes, there will be shopping

the only two things that i miss here in new york are portillo's hot dogs and nordstrom.

i remember my first trip to a nordstrom in CA, i also remember my first trip to the first nordstrom in IL. in fact, when i was little, i said i didn't want to go to heaven unless there was a nordstrom there.

my devotion to that store has no boundaries.

but, my friends, there is one on the way. in fact, it's "imminent."

nordstrom, how i love thee!!!

lets just hope that it's not crappy and an overrun, understocked disappointment like trader joe's turned out to be...

8 people who played with me:

Blogger Narnia said...

old orchard mall has both, no?

5/31/2007 11:19 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

i have no idea, actually.

i lived right near oakbrook mall so i never had the need to head north.

5/31/2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Neily said...

When im feeling down, when I need a pick me up I go to my rock, my saviour...Nordstrom. Oh, how I spend all of my money on her.

Disclaimer: I am not female. I am a manly male who likes to buy clothing and shoes

5/31/2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

This Nordstrom of which you speak, would they sell such items as high-end baseball caps?

Otherwise it is going to take all of my acting skills to feign interest. :P

5/31/2007 12:00 PM  
Blogger Alla said...

my goodness nyc seems to turn all good things into some kind of crucked reflections in the mirrow of a funhouse..

just ask a friend with a car to take you to LONG ISLAND - and you can stop by a good, well stocked trader joe's on the way back! (OH and there won't be a line around the block)

5/31/2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

My kids just discoered that if they put grated cheese and tomato sauce on their skinless hot dogs, they taste YUMMY! I reckon that one of these stores would go a cracker here Down Under!!

5/31/2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

One of the few places I will shop, simply for the customer service policy.

If you aren't happy, they will make it right.

(And the selection is pretty damn good too.)

5/31/2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i agree with stormin, EXCELLENT service. these are the type of people who carefully wrap your stuff in a bag and walk around the counter to hand it to you. unless you're in a hurry, which they gauge and they're so very nice.

and portillo's, i have never had better. i'm so glad i don't have to move away from here.

6/01/2007 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home