Thursday, August 04, 2005

the search continues

so andrea and i had found a fabulous place on roosevelt island (balcony, views of the east river and nyc skyline from every room) but we needed a third person and couldn't find one. they wouldn't give us the apt contract without them. i've been looking for single bedrooms to try to cover my ass and am looking at a bunch of places over the next two days.

american airlines is already having a fall flight sale. my latest anthropologie catalog had nothing but sweaters and tweed pants. the stores are all starting to sell autumn clothes. i'm sorry, but it's 100 fucking degrees outside! i'm sure as hell not going to try on a sweater, no matter how air-conditioned the store may be. why are retailers always trying to force the seasons on us. let mother nature have her time, bitches!

D saw josh hartnett walking down ludlow the other day. he's beautiful. i blame her for not dragging him into an alley and having her way with him. i would have done. is a good thing i wasn't there with her. i might be in jail for sexual assault right now.

STILL no word from library adonis. S and D say i call today and say i was hoping i could catch him before i left. kate says not to call at all. i'm leaning towards the latter. if he wants to call he knows how to use a phone. i'm not going to worry about it. you know, fish, sea, blah, blah, ladeedah. i wonder whether he did see the address for this mess. now THAT would be funny, wouldn't it?

is a BIG night out tonight because D is moving back to london. we're undoubtedly going back to club X. not sure if Tag is still bedridden but, for omar, i won't try to call/text him if he's not there tonight. if he is there, i can't promise i won't try to kiss him. don't hate me. he's SOOOO pretty!!! and he's a hot dancer. that's really all a girl needs, right? i don't ask for much really. we're going to try to stay out all night and then make it to balthazar for 7:30 breakfast. we talk big but this shit never comes to fruition, however, i have a feeling they'll actually pull through for this one. it's gonna be a looooooong night.

and because i feel this post is pretty weak (i need to get away from the "this is what i did today" bullshit because i hate when people do that, but i've been consumed with this apt stuff)...i have a game for you all. i have to credit mrs. mogul for this one: take the first sentence of your last post and add "in bed" to it like you do with fortune cookies. post them in the comments. some of the ones people submitted were excellent and others sucked, but try away!

24 people who played with me:

Blogger jazz said...

so andrea and i had found a fabulous place but we needed a third person and couldn't find one...in bed.

ha! all those guys in my bed and not one roommate candidate ;)

8/04/2005 1:04 PM  
Blogger omar said...

"let mother nature have her time, bitches!"

So true! I couldn't have said it better myself. We were looking for clothes for the boy, and they're all sweaters and jackets. IN JULY. No sense at all.

I'm going to hold you to that, Jazz (re: texting the teenager). If he is there, I'll try not to hate you for kissing him. You've been under a lot of stress lately.

And I say don't call the library guy. Find another tech guy. Tech guys are hot.

8/04/2005 1:23 PM  
Blogger justanothersarah said...

For several years (when I was quite younger and much more innocent), I operated under the assumption that men were well... proportional... in bed.

hehe... the "in bed" was just implied in my sentence before!

8/04/2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger tiredbutnotsleepy.blogspot.com said...

Yep, I am with Omar...don't call or text either of em. They will come to you.

Now if he is there.. I say kiss him... you can't help it if is he that pretty.

My favorite line...


"let mother nature have her time, bitches!"


Have a fun tonight..look forward to hearing the sorted details.

8/04/2005 1:29 PM  
Blogger glo said...

Ignore Mr. IT - he's all old and married. Kiss him crazy. My subconscious is screaming for vicarious life via jasmine. So, make out with the pretty boy and give evil, maniacal details.

The game:

Self-Affected Disinterested Asshole enters: Hi! I'm a SADA. You are in bed?

Ha, ha. That was good comedy.

8/04/2005 2:00 PM  
Blogger MEP said...

Mine doesn't work as well.

These pictures were drawn by children in a refugee camp in Darfur . . . in bed.

That's not funny.

8/04/2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger glo said...

No, not funny at all. Tragic, really.

8/04/2005 3:02 PM  
Blogger omar said...

Holy crap, jazz! I just looked at that picture of Josh Hartnett.

Check out this side-by-side.

8/04/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger Gordy said...

I could be your roommate, I would be too much of a perv, really!

Now I really feel like I am living in an episode of the Simpsons in bed.

8/04/2005 4:34 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

You should've said:

Fish, sea, lah dee DEE.

That way you'd have two rhyming sentences in a row...boat (I love word association).

8/04/2005 5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Josh Hartnet has come around. For a time there he couldn't quite master combing his hair, but he seems to have that down now!

LOL

Peace

8/04/2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

oh my god. 19 yr old does look like josh hartnett!!!

8/04/2005 7:14 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Holy shit Omar! Excellent eye for comparitive detail, my friend.

Whoa.

8/04/2005 7:59 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

do not call, either of them. and be careful. i still do not trust tag.

"my brother rented the first season of 'The Dukes of Hazzard' on dvd in bed"

that's disgusting. but if you skip that one and do the next line, it's much better:

"watching them again has become a reenactment of when i fell in love with fast cars, mischievous grins and the idea that girls can outdrive the cops, reassemble a carburetor, kick ass and still be able to enjoy a kicking pair of heels...in bed"

8/04/2005 10:14 PM  
Blogger The Big Cheese said...

And then it all starts over again on Monday...Starting Next Monday in bed.

8/04/2005 11:35 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I got this over at P-Shags place, in bed.

Yep. sounds good to me.

8/04/2005 11:39 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

I forgot to to register my disgust for Josh Hartnett. I'm doing it now.

Ew.

I approve of Tag, but not of calling him. Kissing him is fine tho.

8/05/2005 1:08 AM  
Blogger justanothersarah said...

I noticed the girl in this blog is looking for a place in NYC too.

http://miminewyork.blogspot.com/

She's a stripper, but she's a really good writer.

hehe

8/05/2005 11:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks jazz-- now i'm adding "in bed" to everything that i'm saying... and others are saying... in bed... you see!!! aaaaaahh!!! -in bed...

8/05/2005 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just feel the need to express myself....in bed.

8/06/2005 12:48 AM  
Blogger Bryan Kurz Photography said...

nice rack

8/06/2005 2:41 AM  
Blogger Syar said...

kiss him, yes. call him, you must not.

omar's side-by-side is truly a revelation. that pic on the left : not all that appealing however. I think both guys share the same love for beanie hats and such. josh always uses it to cover his skanky hair. i only ever loved him in hollywood homicide.

Finally, I passed my driving theory exam..in bed.

erm...that was ordinary. ah well.

8/07/2005 9:39 PM  
Blogger piu piu said...

just don't give in! i got bored and just took whatever was thrown at me over and over again in london, an then ended up in some complete cold roach ridden shithole hell on earth for 12 months!

8/08/2005 5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Roosevelt Island: we absolutely loved it, last time we were in NYC. Even looked for real estate prices...

8/08/2005 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home