Tuesday, August 02, 2005

so no, the stress is not over....

i meant to make a big "to do" over my 10,000th hit, but was too busy and missed it. my counters are not in sync anyways (they're about a hundred off) so i'm not sure what the "true" 10K would have been anyhow. *raising glass* here's to 10,000 more.

No gavin sightings at pub X. he’ll certainly be there next Sunday (he goes out of town the next day, and as a true stalker, I know he consistently goes there the night before he leaves town), but I’m gone then. Headed to Chicago for a week or so and then CA to see my mommy.

I did, however, call library adonis to see if he wanted to come have a beer but I didn’t call until nearly 11 so he may have been asleep by then. I left a message but haven’t heard back. How long do I wait before I should be concerned about not hearing from him? Left a very breezy message along the lines of, “I think you have to work tomorrow, but headed down to pub x if you wanna meet me. If not, maybe we can play this week before I leave town for a couple weeks on Saturday.”

Have been looking for apartments all day as I have to leave mine at the end of the month. I leave town for half the month of august so if I’m sans home on Friday, I’m pretty much screwed. Looking for places to live in this city is torture. THAT, my friends, is what the government should have those detainees do. Find me a fucking apartment. If we’re going to torture them anyway, it might as well be to my benefit, yes? Am trying to find a place with a very cute girl named andrea (a friend of a friend). Hopefully something will work out but I’m already annoyed with it.

I did finally read the harry potter. I cried. A lot. At starbucks. Thus, making a complete fool of myself in front of HOT new barrista who looks just lik a younger Michael Vartan. I want to say to him, “what the fuck are you doing back there? take your shirt off and head to a modeling agency for chrissakes!” he’s really really beautiful. It literally took me a good 3 or 4 hours to stop being really upset by the book to convince myself that it was all just fiction. It really was quite sad.

sunday I woke up, bought the times, read it cover to cover, and played with the crossword. Talk about a perfect day…

19 people who played with me:

Blogger Gordy said...

COming back to the old twon huh, enjoy the trip, sorry the weather will be so humid when you get here :-)

8/02/2005 1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NYTimes is for people that "think" they're running the show-- sorreeey- the only acceptable publication in my eyes it the Financial Times-- its for people who ARE running the show ;)

and its pink-

8/02/2005 1:39 PM  
Blogger MEP said...

I wouldn't worry about Adonis just yet - he might be trying to "play it cool" by not calling back right away and thereby appearing desperate for you (which, of course, he really is but doesn't want to look that way).

That's my guess.

8/02/2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger tiredbutnotsleepy.blogspot.com said...

Good luck finding a place to stay. I love looking for places... only if there isn't a time crunch... Maybe that could be job #20 for me... finding appt for the ones that hate looking! lol

8/02/2005 3:29 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

If you can't find a place to stay in time, you can always crash on my couch. You could work off your rent by changing my light bulbs. The commute would be a killer, though.

8/02/2005 4:30 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Dude, I cried at Harry Potter too. WTF? I felt retarded, but couldn't help it.

8/02/2005 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicago is so friggin' hot right now. Air conditioning, light clothes, hang out by the lake, drink a lot. . . . Enjoy your trip!

8/02/2005 7:20 PM  
Blogger The Big Cheese said...

debauchery is maybe my most favorite thing in the world.

8/02/2005 10:48 PM  
Blogger Swipe said...

Good luck on the aprtment hunting. I felt sad at HP but I didn't cry. It was a good direction for the book to take.

maybe the Michael Vartan look-alike is waiting for an agent to come by, buy coffee and offer him a modeling gig. on second thought, maybe he's waiting for you.

By the way, thanks for dropping by blog. :-D

8/02/2005 11:23 PM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

Sundays and newspapers. Perfect. Actually, Sundays, sex, and newspapers. That's perfection.

But just the papers is much, much lower maintenance and it's so nice to lie around in Joe Boxers for forever.

I sniffled at the end of Harry. GayBoy and I are arguing about Snape. We're making predictions about the next book and we're 180 degrees apart on the plot.

That said it, I ate it up like whipped cream.

Speaking of whipped cream, time to whore my smutty new blog for the masses:

Cunting Linguist.

For adults only. (Naturally, every 17-year-old just clicked it.)

8/03/2005 12:09 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i hate searching for housing. best of luck, jazz.

is there something wrong with me that i was more upset over cedric than this last turn of events? but i had been preparing for this one to come eventually, so maybe that's it.

have a great time at the party. maybe you'll meet someone of the joshua bell caliber.

8/03/2005 4:59 AM  
Blogger piu piu said...

can't wait to read HP (and everyone i know is like 'youre meant to be a cultural snob!" yeh right)

i love hanging out like a slob in my flat, which i am doing at the moment, it being wednesday and me having only stuff at home to do (bein 'freelance' n'all)

good luck with the hunting

8/03/2005 5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ale,

I think you have a serious point there!

Too anyone who reads Harry Potter,

Does Harry finally get it on with that cute classmate of his? I mean I thought he was like 14-15 in Prisoner of Alkaseltzer, or whatever its called. I would have found time to get busy, after all she's a black magic soon to be woman, right?

The inquiring mind wants to know. :)

Peace

8/03/2005 11:38 AM  
Blogger Gordy said...

I don't think that HP will ever get it on with Hermione. I think if they have not already, she and Ron will be boinking soon!

8/03/2005 1:44 PM  
Blogger glo said...

You know that reading about your life sends me into the depths of jealousy! Cruel of you to insist I do it (although I love it, of course).

BTW - I have redubbed Omar "Mr. IT". Please pass my latest creation around the internet. I'd like to see it on every blog by end of week.

8/03/2005 7:59 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

walking wounded, ron and hermione should be getting together (it took the boy 6 books to "stroke her hair and hold her") not harry who happens to be jonesing on ron's younger sister.

good luck with the apartment hunting. I know it must be a real bitch, but I'd kill just to be homeless in new york. not disease ridden, sleeping with rats type homeless but venturing out on my own for the first time in the best city ever type homeless. I SO wanna fly away from my own country.

I read hp & hbp's ending first so therefore, I wasn't surprised or all that sad. (i know I totally tainted the book, but I'm rebellious that way) maybe when I reread it, I'll shed a tear.

8/03/2005 10:49 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

steff - You caught me.

8/04/2005 1:40 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

something about harry and ginny just seemed unbelievable to me. not enough build up or something. i think jkr's romantic angles seem a little stiff. she should stick to school stuff. bring back cho, man.

8/04/2005 2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best part of finishing the bar is that you don't have to think about it for months. When it starts getting close to when the results come up, you start thinking about it again ... and praying. For now ... forget about it! And, enjoy what is left of the summer.

Wondering if you have a job lined up for the fall.

Scott

8/09/2005 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home