Sunday, July 31, 2005

as i re-enter society...

I’d like to take a second to sincerely thank my guest bloggers. Not only did they give me one less thing to worry about while studying, they made my day every time I received their submissions. The stories were amazing and each so different and funny and insightful. I sincerely loved every one (how could I not? They were all about me and I was damn cool in each one of them…y’all had your chance to completely tear me apart and none of you took up the opportunity…you’re way too good to me). So cadiz, omar, glo, ale, digi, hermes, andy: I bow to you and your brilliance. Thank you so much.

As I said, the bar was NO FUN. We’ve all had some fun making jokes about how it’ll be even better when we have to do it again in February.

Southampton was great. The band is headed by these two Australian brothers. They’re beautiful. The jitney they hired contained a fine mix of socialites, rockers, and groupies. Isaac brought roses to give to all the ladies on the bus. and the aussies also brought plenty of alcohol. The concert was at this groovy little place where D and I managed to get stools by the bar. The band was awesome. I check my phone around eleven to a voicemail from library adonis! I called him back and we chatted briefly but I think he was probably very drunk by that point. We discussed our totally conflicting weekend schedules and I said I’d call him later. After the concert, we were dropped off at the mansion. Actually, we were dropped of at the guest house behind the mansion where we made a complete mess of the place and then all wrapped ourselves in blankets and sat around this huge campfire telling ghost stories and smoking pot (not me). We all fell asleep outside. It was awesome. I can’t tell you the last time I saw stars. It’s something you don’t get in this city. I missed them. D and I woke up tres early (my fault, my body is still on 7am wake ups for studying) and spent the day at the beach. We left Southampton without even setting foot in the mansion. Doh!

Last night was filled with lots of alcohol, an amazing dinner at D’s dad’s restaurant, and dancing on the bar after-hours at this hidden club on the lower east side with D and our friend M. Was at club X last night and the girls convinced me it would be a good idea to text the 19 year old. I did and he called me to say he would not be coming out, that he’d gotten into a motorcycle accident. Oh man! Now 19 year old is even HOTTER. Fuck! But yay for TWO motorcycle riding guys calling me! I told him he’d better call when he was up and recovered. I think I should make out with him. I will not sleep with him though. i think I’d be the laughingstock of club X and I really like it there. the owners and bartenders are very good to me.

Tonight we are going to pub X for some more gavin degraw stalking. He’s in town this week. Yee haw!!!

And what would my return to blogging be without some celebrity sightings? on a more intellectual level, Norman Mailer sat next to me at a play on friday. i was trying to think of something really smart to say, but was stumped. my brain has been on strike since the bar. damn!

24 people who played with me:

Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like your weekend was a ton of fun- good good- that's awesome, falling asleep outdoors!
later gater

7/31/2005 9:24 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

It's excellent that you're having fun. Without smoking the pot. :)

TMI on Knoxville though. Waaayyy too much...

8/01/2005 1:33 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Glad to see you are finally gettin time to relax.

Really though, I could have gone without knowing about Johnny Knoxville and Kate Moss or his ass-finding finger. (I have a visual mind and any pictures of JS ass should not include JK's finger inserted. Kate Moss is way too waifish for a good visual also, and who needs to see JK in a sex scene in their heads? Not me.)

It is always nice to see stars. I love leaving the burbs and going down to my dad's farm. I never knew that many stars could be seen at once with the naked eye. I always stop at the top of a hill on his very long drive, turn off my car and lights and get out at night. It is a great view.

8/01/2005 2:13 AM  
Blogger omar said...

Sounds like a good time. But stop texting the teenager!

Here's to not having to take the bar again.

8/01/2005 7:10 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

oh my goodness!! you were on the BUS? yay for you! you go Penny Lane! (you really cant have that name, cause its mine, but i will let you borrow it!)

glad you're back, but thats not to say i havent enjoyed the guest bloggers, cause i have. just glad you're stress is over for now!

8/01/2005 8:55 AM  
Blogger MEP said...

Glad to hear that your weekend was great, but also think that you should stick to the library adonis and leave the 19-year-old out of the picture. The adonis sounds like a better match for you.

8/01/2005 10:11 AM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Is it true Knoxville got Simpson hooked on Coke?

8/01/2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger jiji said...

congrats on the bar! did u go see The Kin show? that is so funny about knoxville. i love celeb gossip!

8/01/2005 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the bar exam! I know from personal experience the relief of walking out of that exam.

And one more thing, I walked out sure---absolutely, positively sure---that I failed. I passed. So if like most people you feel that way, you can take some comfort that at least one person who felt exactly the same way actually passed.

And thanks for coming by my site and commenting.

8/01/2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

ale: it was fab!

nadia and larry: sorry about TMI...

omar: i know i should! but you should see him dance...i like the way he moves.

june: i shall have people call me penny lane until the loan expires ;)

mep: agreed. i'm not serious about the 19 year old. i just wanna make out if i have the chance. am praying adonis calls me back today!

hermes: no idea, but i'm gonna see johnny's friend on tuesday. i'll keep my ears open.

jinius: yes! how do you know them?!

bath.read: thank you. yeah, we all felt like we didn't do well. three-quarters of us have to pass so we'll see.

8/01/2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I whole heartedly believe that there is no such thing as too much information about Johhny Knoxville. I wrote a 22 page research paper on that very topic my junior year in college. And I wouldn’t, nay, I couldn’t, lie about something like that. It’s just too strange not to be true, am I right?

Anyway, congrats on the bar (by the way, I’m 100% positive that I’m going to sound like an idiot when I ask this, but that has only stopped me once in 1,236,225,894,549,126,369 chances I’ve had, so I’ll just ask anyway… Why do they call it the “bar?” Yeah, I could probably look it up online, but I think I’ve established just how lazy I am… so go ahead and learn me something, would you?

8/01/2005 1:55 PM  
Blogger justanothersarah said...

It's so cool reading about your brushes with celebrity! I knew I should have lived in NY instead of L.A.

I say make out with the 19 year old a couple of times and date the library guy...

8/01/2005 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you should have stuck your finger up Norman Mailer's ass. Woulda been one hell of a conversation starter.
Your guest posters were awesome. They seem like people I'd want to meet. (Oh, and if I did, I promise I wouldn't use the Norman Mailer method to start a conversation).

8/01/2005 10:06 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

jon: i actually have no idea. i tried to look it up and got nothing. granted, i wasn't looking that hard. welcome back to my blog!

sarah: some other readers don't approve, but i'm with you. a little kissing has never hurt anyone.

demos: will probably not end up hooking up with 19 year old. but it probably won't be by choice. ;)

popeye: those who i chose have amazing blogs. as if blogging doesn't take up enough time...but you should read theirs. they are all excellent. i have such good taste in blogging friends!

8/01/2005 10:37 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

you're back! yayness. much as I loved the jasmine in the guest posts, nothing can ever beat the original, eh?

sounds like a kickin' weekend. even without the pot. *no pot for you? suuurreee.*

make out with the 19 year old, I say. why should you not? I suddenly had a vision of a bold and the beautiful type setting where you make out with said 19 year old on his hospital bed. maybe a nurse could walk in, gasp dramatically, followed by library adonis. you can take the wheel from then on. so very desperate housewives. in a good way.

and isn't kate moss married? with kids? finger up jessica's ass....eww. jessica's new video and sham of a cover....double ewww.

8/01/2005 11:22 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

finger in the ass? now that's hot lol

how does one progress to that level while skipping all other levels? something sounds (smells?) fishy about this.

8/01/2005 11:40 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

thats what I'm saying I would have been here earlier but I got caught up in some punan-nayyy ( smells finger )

8/01/2005 11:53 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

bar (3) Look up bar at Dictionary.com
"whole body of lawyers, the legal profession," 1559, a sense which derives ultimately from the railing that separated benchers from the hall in the Inns of Court. Students who had attained a certain standing were "called" to it to take part in the important exercises of the house. After c.1600, however, this was popularly assumed to mean the bar in a courtroom, which was the wooden railing marking off the area around the judge's seat, where prisoners stood for arraignment and where a barrister (q.v.) stood to plead. As the place where the business of court was done, bar in this sense had become synonymous with "court" by c.1330.

That's the best I can do kid. And thanks for having me back... its been awhile... sorry, I've been sucking at life in general lately ;)

8/02/2005 1:06 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

jazz, i stand by my theory that the 19yearold is too smoove for his age and is probably dirty. my money's on the green-eyed library guy. but then again, making out probably won't kill you and there are a few dirty lawyers out there, too, so really, just go with your gut and have fun.

welcome back!

8/02/2005 2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman Mailer??? Be still my heart. I used to have a bit of a crush on him when I was in college. Of course I haven't seen what he looks like lately and if I did I might feel differently.

You're surrounded by so many 20-something hotties that I'm sure you don't relate to any of this. I am just a wee bit older than you ....!

8/02/2005 7:47 AM  
Blogger Gordy said...

Welcome back. I know your stand ins were good, but nothing compares to the real thing!

8/02/2005 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can;t picture Johnny Knoxville for some reason. Who is he?

8/02/2005 9:20 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

oh, johnny is married with a child i think. dirty dirty boy.

8/02/2005 9:49 PM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

Next time you see Mailer, say "I'd rather be watching boxing." Or something regarding sports. The filthy old bastard will be aroused a saucy young chick's talking him up AND knows sports.

Nay! Click not! For 'tis utter filth!

8/03/2005 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home