Thursday, January 17, 2008

here kitty kitty

i pretty much hate cats. i don't go near them. i'll look at them and say things like, "hello cat." but that's about as much attention as they get from me.

but i don't hate kittens. only people with cold black hearts made out of yucky things could hate kittens.

so when i was doing laundry and saw a teeny little guy with teensy white paws stumbling underneath the carts, i had to go say hello. this kitten was small. so small, in fact, that he was likely not supposed to be away from his mother quite yet. and he didn't feel as if he weighed more than a pound.

so i cuddled with him a bit. got a few face licks in and as i was trying to put him down he started clinging to me and one of his wee nails gave me a wee scratch on the back of my hand.

when i got home i noticed huge red splotches on my cheek. and i had a gigantic welt on my hand.

i don't hate kittens, i just forgot that i'm allergic to them. doh!

4 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

kittens are the best.

cats, however, i take on a case-by-case basis.

1/17/2008 10:45 AM  
Blogger Cousin said...

There's only one cat I've considered getting: the Pixie-Bob. It's called "the canine of cats" because, allegedly, it behaves like a dog (i.e., it's affectionate). If true, that'd be the best of both worlds for an apartment dweller -- all the love and little of the work! Unless you're allergic...

1/17/2008 1:48 PM  
Blogger Mischa said...

That sounds like an awsome cat!

1/17/2008 8:26 PM  
Blogger Richie Vanderloo said...

That's so cute that you cuddled with a strange kitten! Wow it sucks that you're allergic - I'll bet you'd be a great kitten mom.

1/17/2008 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home