Tuesday, May 15, 2007

shrek 3: phoning in a movie review

i saw it over the weekend and loved it

i liked it better than the first one, and i'm not sure i liked it better than the second one but it was up there.

my problem is that i didn't know beforehand which actors were in the movie and i spent an awful lot of time placing voices.

also, some of the jokes and details would have been funnier had i known who was playing the character (i.e. julie andrew's character banging her head into a brick wall and singing "my favorite things" in a semi-conscious state).

the princesses were all-star: cheri oteri, regis philbin, amy sedaris, amy poehler and maya rudolph.

there were a LOT more adult jokes in this one than i remember there being in the others. it was quite dirty in a few places, which means there is a lot of that movie that will just go straight over the children's heads.

in all, it was a good time. i think i'm going to see it again (which means i may actually have to pay for it this time, curses!) because i know there were so many things i missed. i distinctly remember a dozen times that people started laughing and i had no idea what they were laughing at (hazards of seeing a 10am movie on a hangover i suppose).

3 people who played with me:

Blogger Neily said...

Hmm, I cant decide if I want to see it or not. I didnt see the second one but I did the first, do I need to the them both before I go head first into the third?

5/15/2007 12:00 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

And this love has nothing to do with who did the voice of "Artie?"

5/15/2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger Mischa said...

I can't wait for it to come out in Britain! Still got that and Pirates 3 to see in the 'trilogy trilogy' for this summer - Spidey 3 is ace by-the-way =D

5/16/2007 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home