Sunday, May 13, 2007

lazy sunday

this week has been a particularly busy one. i've had events to attend every single night which have had me out late on work nights. things finally started to catch up with me when not only did i have to be up and out of my house yesterday for a 10am advance screening of Shrek 3 (hilarious, will post about it later) and i ended up at a ping pong tournament in williamsburg and was literally falling asleep over my burger at 9pm.

so today i slept in.

this morning has reminded me how much i love washington heights. sunday mornings are particularly quiet because as rowdy as those dominicans can be, they're all good church-going people. i like this, not becuase i particularly enjoy religious people, but because it means i don't have to be woken up to the sounds of tupac and usher at 9am, because my laundromat is quiet and not filled with the sounds of people yelling in spanish over a telenovela. i walked up to 174th and hit up a tiny window-service place that serves jugo. jugo, in spanish, literally means juice but when you order a jugo de pina (pineapple juice) up here, they take fresh pineapple, add a little water (tell them to hold the sugar or else you'll end up with something terribly sweet) and put a bunch of ice and blend it until you have an absolutely heavenly fluffy pineapple drink. HAPPINESS is jugo de pina.

i took a shower, had clean egyptian cotton towels to wrap up in and am now catching up on the political blogs while i lounge in some underwear on my clean sheets that smell of fabric softner.

life. is. good.

but i must get dressed to go to brunch where i already know i'm going to order a lobster eggs benny and where i will get drunk (yet again) on the unlimited mimosa deal at my favorite LES (lower east side) brunch place.

2 people who played with me:

Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

UWP...

I think that would be the one thing about the "big city life" that it would take to much to adjust to.

I've grown accustomed to my suburban quiet before dawn, and then the lawn mowers, kids playing, the smell of grills, etc...

That makes my Sunday.

That and the joy of not waking up hung over... :-)

5/15/2007 2:35 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Egyptian cotton towels, clean sheets smelling of fabric softener..!

These things alone should be listed as bona-fide anti-depressants, not to mention the rest of your lazy morning.

5/15/2007 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home