Monday, August 28, 2006

hopefully this makes sense...

so i have a guy friend who has a hot single friend. i've met hot single friend and guy friend never said anything to me about hot single friend being interested.

and walking down the street the other day someone reached over and grabbed my arm as i was walking by them. it was hot single friend. we chatted briefly but i was running late somewhere and kind of took off on him. did i mention he was hot and single?

so men, i have a question: if hot single friend was at all interested in me, wouldn't guy friend have said something? he knows i'm single and shopping. conversely, am i allowed to mention to guy friend that i like hot single friend? he's probably reluctant to do any setting up in case things don't work out. but like i said, friend is hot and single.

please advise.

11 people who played with me:

Blogger Andy said...

Man you're freakin' boy crazy. Your guy friend may not know his buddy likes you, and even if he does he may not tell you because he doesn't want to/care about setting you two up.

We could really care less if our friends are interested in one of our friends - or we're jealous of it since we're stuck in the friend zone.

8/28/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Garrett Reid said...

Here is the deal: Guys are shallow, self-absorbed, lazy and uncaring. "Hot single friend" (if that is his real name) may have told guy friend weeks ago to set him up with you. Guy friend, being lazy, may have forgot to do so, been to lazy to do so, or he may have been so completely envious of hot single friend that he refused to do so. The bottom line is that guys are unpredictable and certainly do think like women. Rather than go through this whole "setting up" scenario - just 1) ask guy friend for hot single friend's number. 2) call hot single friend. 3) Date hot single friend a few times. 4) Reevaluate life, hopes and dreams - then decide whether to move forward with dating. 5) plan wedding, suburbs and children. See? Not complicated.

8/28/2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

There's always the possibility that Guy Friend is not the type of person to play match maker.

My sister and I are complete opposites in this respect. Juicy will dutifully shuttle back and forth, relaying messages like 9th grade study hall. But if someone says to me "I'm really interested in so-and-so," my instinctive response is "So go tell him/her. Why are telling me about it?"

8/28/2006 12:31 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Ditto what Garret said.

8/28/2006 1:31 PM  
Blogger omar said...

It wasn't until late in the second paragraphh that you revealed the gender of "hot single friend." For a minute, I thought this was going to be a post about experimentation.

Anyway, I agree with what's been said.

8/28/2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger Garrett Reid said...

I agree with Larry.

8/28/2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

Ditto all of the above, especially Larry, but Garrett makes a good point too.

8/28/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

well, i gotta move fast then.

guy friend leaves the country for three months on thursday.

must. get. number. before. thursday!

8/28/2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm with andy, the guy friend himself wants you.

8/28/2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger betchacantguesswho said...

I'm not a guy but I'll offer my opinion, if I may. Just skip over guy friend and call up hot single friend. In today's society, it's very acceptable for the girl to be the initiator and I'm sure hot single friend will be flattered (as well as impressed) by your confident approach.
What was the brief convo on the street like? Favorable? En Passe? Wait too long and he'll just be a hot friend, no longer single.

8/29/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Uhm...yeah...don't even get the guy I got, so I'm totally no longer opining on this kind of stuff.

8/30/2006 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home