Wednesday, August 30, 2006

happy birthday to me!

Amid Calamity, New Yorker Celebrates 21st Birthday For Sixth Straight Year

by Andrew McDonald

NEW YORK, Chicago native turned New Yorker Jasmine Strange celebrated her sixth 21st birthday Wednesday evening, marking the occasion with friends, friends of friends, and freeloading hobos who just happen to dress well enough to blend in.

Strange, a reluctant attorney, and friends convened [insert cool new bar here which shall not be named so that enemies and weird people can't just show up], starting at 6:30 to throw back a few beers. "It was much friendlier than most parties I crash," said one particularly well-dressed hobo. "Usually they get a whiff of me and toss me out, but these guys saw my Versace jacket and were all, 'Let me get you a drink!' It was great."

Good times turned bad however when police busted in the door and arrested four party-goers for playing the illegal game "Who's In My Mouth?" Police also arrested Strange, citing a new city ordinance that says a birthday girl must "wear more clothes than that."

Strange was unapologetic though, saying, "I'm not going to let the police ruin this day for me. I only have the chance to celebrate turning 21 once... every year for five or six years."

10 people who played with me:

Blogger Rose said...

Happy.. "21st" Jazz!

8/29/2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

Huzzah! Happy Birthday Jasmine!

8/30/2006 12:27 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Happy 21st, Strange! Please don't wear the clothes this year. They're ugly. I'm not wearing them. Seriously.

8/30/2006 1:06 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Your last name is actually Strange? So it's not just a clever title? It's actually possible for someone to be, ahem, "in Strange places?"

8/30/2006 2:23 AM  
Blogger betchacantguesswho said...

Happy Birthday!

And I know of the "Who's in my Mouth" game, but never played it.

8/30/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Happy birthday!! I hope your celebration is as eventful as your post!

8/30/2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

happy birthday to you, jazz. try not to get too wasted on your first night being able to drink legally. :)

8/30/2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

happy birthday! funny post, too.

8/30/2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger omar said...

Happy birthday!!

8/31/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Syar said...

happy birthday! sorry I'm late.

8/31/2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home