Saturday, January 31, 2009

job, pee, i will make jason mraz mine, twitter

so i started a new job. i'm not sure why i got picked (all my other
friends are still unemployed) except for the fact that my supervisors
on this new project worked with me on the old project and i was a
pretty capable employee. so i'm lucky to have something regardless of
whether this project is important (!) and stressful (!) and that we're
constantly on a time crunch. also learning some pretty neat stuff and
feeling pretty cool but can't share a damn thing so must keep coolness
to myself which is really the least fun thing ever.

i was maybe given the heads up on the location of the SNL afterparty
this weekend. likely in attendance at said afterparty? my future-
husband-even-though-he-doesn't-know-it jason mraz. i heart HEART jason
mraz. unfortunately those afterparties start at 3am. who the fuck is
able to attend parties that start at 3am? obviously, not an old hag
like me.

i made an impromptu visit to em's today to work out and forgot to
bring a change of underwear so spent the rest of the day going
commando. this may not be notable for anyone who does this on a
regular basis but I DO NOT. and it was weird. it's weird to pull down
your jeans in the bathroom and not to have another layer to ply down
before you squat. it is STRANGE. i do not like. at least, i think i do
not like.

i went to sit down on the train tonight and i felt some guy shove me
in the back. i had my ipod on so if he said something pre-physical
contact, i missed it. i turned around to find out why some dude pushed
me back upright when i was already half-seated and saw him point to a
puddle of...something...on the seat. hooray for the kindness of
strangers! it was actually appropos of something becuase not more than
two weeks ago i heard some guy tell some girl, "hey, don't sit there.
there's urine on that seat" and i twittered about how many other new
yorkers would have been so helpful/bold. well, now we know that that
number is at least two.

speaking of twitter, i'm twittering more than i'm blogging. i was
considering feeding my twits to my blog but my twitter has my full
name attached to it. so the question is, do i give a fuck whether any
of the readers here who don't already know my full name (and i suspect
the majority of you do), discover my "true" identity. the question is,
also, whether i'll then mind when the inevitable few strangers
surprise me and add me on facebook. and what of the few lurkers who i
dont know try to add me, and i refuse to add them becuase, "hello! i
don't know you! why would i give you access to some 400 photos of me
and my friends and my everyday life?!" so yeah, dilemmas. or not.

and i think i will follow cousin's always sage advice and get a new
laptop secondhand because, really, i need one. this enter key shit is
sending me over the edge. also, with my trusty iphone i hardly use the
laptop anyhow so don't need to be spending the money on a new one no
matter how appley and pretty and shiny....

finally, Lost is rocking my world these days guys. for real.

6 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

congrats on the new gig!

i feel that way about twitter, too.

1/31/2009 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jazz! I'm so glad to hear that. I'll be even gladder should you decide to share the coolness with me.

Twitter is making me lazy, anything truly pertinent is always found there pre-blog. Meh.

2/01/2009 7:17 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

yay for a job!

did you go to the party with mr. a-z? or did you decide you were too old to go to a party that late/early?

i never set up a twitter account - i have wanted to for a while, but i feel like i'd be coming in on the tail end of the party. plus, how much of a web presence is too much? it's hard enough to maintain a blog and facebook and blahblahblah (the loosest interpretation of the word "maintain" should be applied here).

2/02/2009 10:11 AM  
Blogger Cousin said...

Congrats on the job! I only have a myspace page -- facebook doesn't let you control who ads you as a friend? Woah, finally I can be popular! I still think the key to Lost is if you take "the numbers" and go to the Bible's book "Numbers" and read the relevant passage. I mean, prophecies regarding a first born male child named Aaron -- that can't be a coincidence...

2/02/2009 1:20 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

Congrats on the new job!

If you can't get over the desire to get a MacBook, go to the refurbished section on Apple's online store. The original MacBook Airs are discounted fairly well, or get the newer MacBook (aluminum) for a little more (includes the dvd drive, which is a plus). I just got the MacBook Air to try out iPhone application development. So far I like it, but I'm not doing anything intensive (photo/video editing, gaming, etc).

2/02/2009 4:00 PM  
Blogger omar said...

Late to the party, but congrats on the new job! Sad that you're not going for the MacBook, though.

2/03/2009 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home