Friday, August 01, 2008

i'm such a jet-setter

to: jasmine
from: colin

You're itching for a vaca, right?
 
I am too.

Where are we going

to: colin
from: jasmine

DYING for it, actually.

on a small scale, i'd love to do san fran.

on the exotic side, am needing to see hawaii.

on the far-away side, i want to do australia/NZ and i have a friend in hong kong who i've been thinking i should visit.

anything screaming out to you?

to: jasmine
from: colin

I've just been dying for Turkey.  Maybe Greece (after I saw Mamma Mia...haha)

I was thinking of going to NZ/Aus in January as one of my good friends is moving to NZ.   Up for that?

to: colin
from: jasmine

YES.
would also love to do turkey/greece...

to: jasmine
from: colin

Hey, so tell me if I'm crazy.

I can get us first class tix to Athens using my points leaving at 10pm on August 14 and returning on the 19th.   That's just right around the corner I know, not sure if you can take off that quickly.

Taxes on the ticket would be 100 bucks.  I'm cool to use my points and maybe you could pitch in a few hundred for hotel and that would be totally cool with me.

Thoughts?

and that was that. tickets were booked hours later. i was meant to go to chicago that weekend so had to call kate to say, "hey, change of plans!" she wasn't too pleased but i think she's realizing that every time i have vacation time, i use it to go to old boring chicago to sit around and watch tv with her, her hubby and her dogs. all of whom i love but that is NOT A VACATION.

what the hell do i pack for an exotic trip to pretty greece?!

oooooh! also just used miles to fly myself to san fran for a long weekend. i have a friend there so flight/accommodations are gratis.

any recommendations on where to go in SF? or the grecian islands? help!

7 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

I don't even make plans to go to the grocery store that quickly.

8/01/2008 8:31 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Sorry, I can't help for the overseas trip. But, in SF, pick a sunny day and drive down the Coastline on the PCH all the way to Big Sur. Stop off in Moneterey, they have a great, very unique aquarium.

For the foodie in you, which I am not, but a friend who used to live in SF is:

Harris' Steakhouse-for any type of steak

Equinox-had great prime rib (haven't been in 10 years)

For some fondoo fun, try the Matterhorn.

For a great bowl of clam chowder and touristy shopping go to the Fisherman's Wharf to one of the vendors and get it in a sourdough bread bowl. MMMMMMM

And last but not least, try a restaraunt in the Castro (historically gay district) called The Sausage Factory. Great lasagna.

I love walking the hills of the city at night.

You can get dolled up and head up to the Top of the Mark for drinks, on a clear night. Great views of the city.

There is a whole lot more to do there but for a long weekend, just fit in what you can.

8/01/2008 12:24 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

old BORING chicago? the weekend of my birthday? what?

but i'll give you a pass b/c it's GREECE. have a drink for me on the plane!

8/01/2008 1:07 PM  
Blogger Cousin said...

SF: Depends on your mindset. If you're a literati or artsy type, City Lights, Green Apple Books (read: media), Amoeba Records, etc. If you're a sports fan, whatever they're calling PacBell these days (best of the modern major-league parks imo). History buffs can check out Alcatraz while surfers should go to the coast in suburban Pacifica. Golden State Park for all. Of course, if you think Chicago is boring, you should probably just stay in New York because SF doesn't hold a candle(stick) to Chitown.

8/01/2008 3:02 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I know a dress you should pack...

8/02/2008 9:30 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

More power to ya if you plan the Australia trip this quickly (how do you do it, Jazz? First Paris, now Greece?), but do give me a quick heads up when you do. :) I need something to look forward to/to start my year off next year and methinks you're it!

8/03/2008 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope i'm not too late .. i would skip santorini if i wasnt with bf and feeling romantic .. its the kind of island you want to sip wine and enjoy sunsets to .. i would rather jump to mykonos although its not st. tropez but the beaches are to die for specifically kalo livado in the mornings then switch to psarou beach and mingle with the rich and famous and then go crazy in super paradise beach .. a lot of night activities going on there .. also i would spend more than 2 nights in istanbul its a gorgeous town

8/10/2008 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home