Thursday, October 30, 2008

coltrane/hartman, iphone sync, chi-town

i've been listening to john coltrane and johnny hartman pretty obsessively lately. they feel a bit like home. it's the same with billie holiday. no matter what is going on in my life, a little billie makes everything so much sweeter.

so i was super excited for this lincoln center american songbook series with kurt elling! huzzah!

i voted a couple weeks ago by absentee ballot. so anti-climactic. although, last time the lever was stuck and i had to get some big man in to yank it for me and it was all a bit stressful and embarrassing. so yay for avoiding a situation in which i feel small and weak and helpless. it's like when i can't get my bag up into the overhead bin on a plane. boo!

i did get a request in for a ticket to the rally. so did cadiz so hopefully it won't be too insane and hopefully enough states get called early enough that i can get to bed before 1. cadiz and H are doing me the most gracious favor of letting me stay at their pad for the night, a mere stone's throw from grant park so i'll get some sleep before my 6am flight back to nyc on wednesday.

also, checked the weather and it won't be insanely cold on election day. praise the lord.

am syncing my iphone for the first time since i upgraded to 2.0. yeah, apparently downloading apps from the app store isn't the way to go. because then backing up takes, oh, HOURS. lesson of the day: only get apps from itunes in the future. srsly.

3 people who played with me:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my source for everything culturalish/artsy going on in NYC. But you did not tell me that Lauren Graham is going to be coming to Broadway.

I am not sure how I feel about you right now.

10/31/2008 11:06 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i am so excited to see you and the rally! and good thing we signed up for tickets, too; people we know are only on the waiting list now.

11/02/2008 5:44 PM  
Blogger omar said...

OR you could sync your iPhone more frequently. You said you updated to 2.0 in JULY!

11/03/2008 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home